Many well-off investors are moving their money into German bonds or Swiss francs. But less well-off savers in countries like Spain, Portugal

 

Many well-off investors are moving their money into German bonds or Swiss francs. But less well-off savers in countries like Spain, Portugal -- and even Italy -- seem content to keep their money in the bank for the moment, bolstered in part by deposit protection schemes that give government guarantees for up to 100,000 euros ($136,000) of savings. Lack of options seem to be paralysing others. "I'm scared, but I also feel very disoriented," said Manuel Garcia, a retired attorney in Spain. "Most of my money is in savings bank deposits, and I really don't know where to put it if I take it out. Definitely not under the mattress... a little mouse could get it!"


0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Wealth and Luxury